Monday 27 November 2017

Teresita

I met Teresita in El Salvador in 1999. I only spent about 15 minutes with her, but she was one of those people you meet who have a profound effect on you.

Some of you may have seen this image of her before. I've posted it in a few places. Her dress, the way she clasped her bananas and the few dollars she'd collected from them, melted my heart.

























I've never posted this one. She was a tiny woman, but she had one of the biggest, sweetest smiles you'll ever see. With my limited Spanish I couldn't speak to her directly, but my guide, Irene, helped me. I did buy a banana. :-)























I wonder if she's passed away. To me, she's the kind of person who could live to a very old age.

A few more images of a very special woman...














































She won't make any news reports. She may not affect many lives, but she sure affected mine. It's hard to define or explain. I'll never forget her. Maybe she's a reminder for me that we can all affect others in ways that we can't imagine.

I'm richer for sharing a few minutes of her life.

Bob
------











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...