Sunday 1 January 2017

2017 New Year's Day Drive

Over the years we've often gone on a New Year's Day drive. Today there was a brilliant blue sky, constant sun and a January chill in the air. It almost felt a bit odd having the camera in my hand. It's been a while for one reason or another.

This is a very ordinary shot but it does show 'typical' countryside for this time of year in our area.
















Down the road a ways, I spotted this... more the type of shot photographers look for.













I looked at this scene and 'roly-poly' came to mind. Why such eloquent terms pop into my mind I have no idea. Am I reverting to childhood? Another sign of age? Probably.














 
Fly south guys. Get with it.














A Hollywood star traveling incognito I think.













The lake was a gorgeous blue but the wind was frigid.















I think this is the only Milkweed shot I've got this fall/winter so far. I love 'em.



















The rest of these shots were taken over the last couple weeks from the warmth of our living room... a zoom lens is all you need. It's all I ever use now.

This hawk grabbed a Chickadee in our neighbor's yard... then brought it to our patio fence to display his prize.





















Sad for the Chickadee of course, but I think hawks have a certain majesty. And they have to eat and feed their young ones. Many of us eat veal & lamb. What's the difference?




















Juncos are one of my many favourites. They flit from bush to feeder to ground, flashing their white tail-feathers as they do.















We often clear this bird bath in winter and put bird seed on it... which is enjoyed endlessly by birds and squirrels alike.














Our 'garden boy' told me he wants to move to Florida. Wuss.
















Mourning Doves... the 'cows' of the bird world to me. They sit for hours, winter or summer, soaking up the sunshine & contemplating life.
















Puffing up works. They don't need to go south.



















Squirrels probably eat more than half of the bird seed seed we put out. But that's ok with us. Just like the birds, they offer lots of free entertainment.















A portion of our Christmas tree.

















The elf wants to move to Florida too. Bunch of wusses.


















It was good to finally get out with the camera again today. Maybe I'll get back into it, who knows.

May 2017 be a good one for you and all of us. No one knows at this point but hope springs eternal.

Take care all,
Bob
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...