Friday 22 February 2013

River Shots -- October 2012

I haven't been getting out much with the camera this winter. I don't think I posted any of these shots last fall when our camera club team went on a 'river shots' outing, so I thought I'd break up the winter with this posting.

We were on a pontoon boat on the Otonabee River near Peterborough. It was a perfect day for a river cruise. Besides the usual river traffic that you'd expect, we saw geese, a few turtles and more than our share of Great Blue Herons.

















A passer-by...










































Great Blues blend in well with fallen trees... and they know it.


































This one looks a bit tattered. Maybe it was just the pre-flight pose I caught him in. I can't remember if it was windy as well.















 
Northern Map Turtles















"What are we going to do today, Mom?"


A cozy nook...

















My favourite shot of the day.


Winter will be loosening its grip soon. I'm really looking forward to spring and nature re-awakening. With any luck it'll be an early one. :-)

- fini -


Search my Blog...
 




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...