Thursday 28 July 2011

Butterfly Garden, Oshawa -- July 28th, 2011

I was reminded of the Butterfly Garden that the Durham Region Field Naturalists (DRFN) set up and I was asked if I would add it to my blog. The garden is on Rossland a few blocks west of Simcoe St. "in the dip", on the north side.

It was a quiet day for butterflies but I did see two... a Cabbage White and one I didn't get a close enough look at to tell what it was.









Some of the plants are signed.


















 

There's a wide variety of flowers at the garden and it's well worth a visit. The DRFN welcomes new members.

Here's a link to their web site... 
Durham Region Field Naturalists: http://www.drfn.ca/

- fini -

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 28 July 2011 at 18:57 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember when they planted that garden a couple of years ago. Thanks for sharing..randy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...