Monday 27 June 2011

2nd Marsh -- June 27th, 2011

I dropped Jane off at work and went down to the marsh for a few minutes. I'm always hoping to see wildlife but got a bit of a shock when I saw a pair of eyes staring up at me from beside the boardwalk and then realized it was a cat--a beautiful one, but a cat. It just stared, didn't run, didn't come to me, it just lay there and stared up at me. You just don't see cats in marshes-- at least I don't.

More than a little unusual considering that the nearest houses are close to a mile away. I didn't know if I should try to befriend it or not but it looked a bit frightened, and sleepy-eyed too so I just took a couple shots and moved on.

It must be lost. I'll report it to the Humane Society.




Some of the Milkweed is starting to open.




The nice light on the greenery caught my eye.



They can make for a busy image but nature's "bouquets" are beautiful to see in person.



It sure is great having the marsh so close by.

The Friends of Second Marsh web site... 


A direct link to a map of the paths/trails in the marsh...



A link to a page that has my past posts re the marsh, in one place rather than scattered throughout this blog...


- fini -

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Search my Blog...